The Orphanage was constructed in Saint Louis in the early 1900's. It housed 250 orphans and homeless children ranging from 4 to 14 years old and provided them with a standard education along with music and household skills such as sewing and cooking. The children were given up for adoption whenever suitable homes were provided or when relatives were able to step forward. When children remained beyond the age of 14, they were transferred to another charity's industrial school where they learned trades.
The Orphanage closed in the 1950's and has been in the hands of various charitable institutions ever since. It was vacant and for sale for several years until sometime after this visit took place when it became inhabited by new owners.
Click here for video.